Monday, August 27, 2012

SURVIVOR

         The activity we completed over the last few days was about survival. Basically, we had to rank items in order of importance for survival. After using this data, we found the mean, median, and range, and uses those numbers to find the common and least commonly listed items and compared them to the ranking of a U.S. Army Ranger.


         Our group would have probably survived. For the first 3 items on the ranger's list, the lighter, steel wool, and the extra set of clothes, our absolute value difference was only 2. I think that if my group were to have to pick about 7 things, we would be able to survive because we would have most of the supplies the army ranger had. I thought I would have survived pretty well on my own. My average for the absolute value difference was 2.72. The range was about from about 1.64 to the mid-high 4's. From that scale, I thought I did pretty well.

No comments:

Post a Comment